Monday, July 6, 2009

Weekend scrapping

What is my style? I went through a phase of exploring different styles, thanks to classes and blogs from where I learnt and experimented. I lost myself for a while, feeling inundated with the rapidly evolving trends. Many of the layouts I admire require the latest products and techniques, necessary in attracting and promoting sales. Several months and shelves of supplies later, I have reached a stage when I can start to look at my pages and find myself again. I can feel a resonance when the page is complete and *I* have made a statement.
For now, it's margins, alignment and symmetry. More cardstock and less patterned paper. Title and journalling. No fancy schmancy techniques: I hate hauling out the heat gun and sizzix. Next week, maybe. For now, I'm comfortable with churning out the simple pages:
Consider this *done*. I resisted adding buttons and blings.
Nope, not a drop of stickles or smidge of paint. I did say *simple* = *done*

No comments: